Thursday, August 20, 2009

I guess I should read my daily Bible blog verses more often. Today's is Psalm 16:8“I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.”

Let me just start by saying I use this blog to vent my daily stresses. I am very thankful for everything I have, I really am. I just find this season of my life very humorous. I want to blog about it because I know I will completely forget tomorrow about today. And if I can write about it and laugh I feel much better afterwards. So...

Do you ever feel like everything in your home starts to break at the same time? Our microwave has now been broken for I think over 6 months. I have found I can survive with a toaster oven, it just takes a little longer. More recently our front window covering cord broke and I can't get it to open...ever, our dog chewed through the screened in porch the other day, the vacuum hose has a hole in it, the dishwasher has a missing part, the faucet lever won't stay on and the most annoying of all is we have somehow misplaced two cordless phones!! They have been MIA for almost 4 days now. Thank goodness I had a regular phone with a cord to hook up in the meantime. You just don't realize how helpful a cordless phone is until your without one for FOUR days! I am very thankful these are very minor repairs. I guess when I can't even keep my house clean, the broken things just seem that much more burdensome. Oh and I forgot... for the last several weeks when we get those torrential down pours the drains in the street overflow over halfway up our driveway. A little scary since we are in the middle of Hurricane season! I finally remembered to call public works. You know ...that is one of my greatest accomplishments today! I am seriously proud of myself. I also took the boys to the library and for a milk shake without the toddlers. Wow, it's so nice when your kids can buckle themselves up! So on that note.. I am also proud that I finally found where all the sippy cups had run off to... UNDER ALLY's Bed! FIVE of them! I am smart enough now to only fill the cups up with water when the girls are not in their highchairs. The girls are on a mission to toss those cups completely outta sight!
I thank God everyday for protecting us and providing for us, today is a better day! We are blessed! I learned a neat acronym to use in prayer from John Piper: IOUS
So know that before I go to bed and in the quiet times of my day I pray this over my family and friends:
For God to:
INCLINE your hearts towards Him and His truth
OPEN your eyes to His will for your lives
UNITE your hearts toward Him and not have a heart divided
SATISFY your soul completely in His truth and not be deceived by what this world has to offer.
I love it, what a great way to cover those you love in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment