Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Playing with Knives and Jalepeno in the eyes!

Nate was caught playing with knives twice on Monday (7/7/09). And yes, he was under my supervision both times! The girls were in their high chairs and Nate in his booster snacking on cut up grapes. Well, I turned to go into the kitchen got distracted, turned around and found Nate sitting in my chair cutting grapes and serving them to the girls. He was really just copying me and actually doing a pretty good job. I think he cut 3 or 4 grapes in half. Even so, it scared me half to death!! Later in the day, while I was cutting chicken nuggetts for him and the girls, I foolishly walked away again only to find him in my chair cutting chicken nuggetts and passing them to the girls! When will I learn?? So.. I think I have finally learned my lesson of leaving the knife on the table where Nate can climb to get it!!

Tuesday, I went to my book study and took the toddlers to childcare. Mom was with Joe and Nick. While I was gone, Joe decided to cut up jalepenos from our neighbors garden without asking. He says he washed his hands afterwards but we all know how powerful jalepenos are.... so even though he did wash his hands he rubbed some jalepeno juice in his eyes and had to wash it out many times! Thank God he is okay! God must have been watching over him cause I don't know how we didn't have an ER trip with that incident!

So I think it is time for a vacation from our problems!

1 comment:

  1. OUCH!!! Jalepeno in the eyes! That sounds like my worst nightmare! Happy to hear he is find... the girls are safe and you are still smiling! It was fun to see you this morning!
    Let me know how we can help while you are gone! It will be a Blast to get out of the everday stuff! ENJOY!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete