Thursday, August 6, 2009

July 2009

So it has been almost a month since our last post. It has been a busy one! We traveled with 16 month twins, a toddler, Nick and Joe to vistit family in Texas. Wow we really are crazy! It was fun and great to see family but the trip was extremely exhausting. We were definitly the sight to be seen at the airport, especially at the security gate. What a mess! The trip out there was difficult but less stressful than the way back. On the way back, Adam held Kate and sat next to wild Nate.. who sounded like a caged animal at one point in the flight. And I had strong Ally girl. Man oh man did she ever put up a good fight on that flight. My neck, arms and back hurt so bad when we got home. My teeth even hurt... it was that bad. It was so nice to have everyone in their own beds, they slept in the next day until after 9am, awesome! It was rough recovering from the trip but we made it and came back with some great memories.

Since then we've been busy with I don't even know what... but it has been busy. Joe started football training camp and training season. He got his physical and an orthodonist visit. He'll be getting braces after the season is over. Nick's been busy with karate and gymnastics and I just signed him up for fall soccer. Nate is continuing to make progress with potty training and enjoying new signs from our baby sign book. Nate's favorites are bird, more, ice cream, all done, please, thank you, night time, sad, jump, eat... Nick has learned quite a few also, he's good at it!! And Kate and Ally are learning to sign too...instead of scream. Ally especially likes to use her hands to talk. She signs, "more", "all done" ,"bird","eat","sleep","please"(my favorite) she's so cute at it. We are working at learning new ones every day! Kate keeps up with them too, she just isn't as excited as Ally is about it!

We pulled the bunk beds apart since we found Nate sleeping on the top bunk one night over a month ago. We don't know how he got up there since I took the ladder off. Nick still says he didn't help him up there, I don't know. The reason I'm remembering that is cause Kate was over the side of her crib trying to climb out of her bed today. And I think she can do it but I was in there to stop her. Hopefully she doesn't attempt it again. If so I think I'll be buying two tent covers for their cribs! For my own sanity!!!

Today the boys are grounded for fighting. So they are home trying to learn to get along. Not going very good at all!!! They are driving me nuts.. What in the world am I doing wrong with these kids! I can't wait until school starts!!!

I'll end with this...last night, I told Adam what my day sounds like in one thought:

The moment I think I can sit down and rest is the moment I remeber the thing I forgot!

He feels the same way. The chaos continues....

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to see you all in the Valley! Your girls are just gorgeous and the boys too cute! I can't believe how big Joe is now!!! I know it was hard, but we're glad yall made the trip!

    ReplyDelete