Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I am going to start a gratitude list today since I just keep thinking I won't really enjoy Mother's Day until the toddlers are not toddeling anymore. It just is too monsterous of a task to overcome these days to enjoy. We have sweet moments but they go by quickly or are inturrupted by poopy diapers, screaming tantrums, etc...

So here are the sweet moments I am thankful for today:

Ally went major stinkys 2X at church and I didn't have to change it!
Nick AND Nate ate ALL their sandwhiches at lunch without being scolded to EAT or sit down!
I got to sleep in until 8am today, although I paid for it later.. we were late to church
The girls slept in until almost 9am!
I got a nap today, those come few and far between
Adam videoed the boys in the sprinklers while I napped, Nate (2 yrs) was naked the entire time!
The poop Nate did on the carpet today cleaned up good, no stain
No major injuries today
We had a great lunch and haphazard dinner but it was good
I've got about 6 loads of clean laundry to be folded, at least its clean!
I got a Mother's day card in the mail from a sweet friend
Some long time friends came by to visit unexpectedly last night and we had a great time
I got to go see Dr. Laura's show "In Praise of Mom" Wed night with good friends, it was fun!
I found some cute matching clothes on clearance for the girls at Kohls all by myself!!

Its amazing how being thankful for what you have makes you forget the negatives your mind can tend to get wrapped around! I need to do that more often!

The only other news I have to post is that Nick made another 2 goals at his soccer game. While we were trying to watch the game Nate found some dog poop, picked it up and rubbed it all over his hands! Joe helped me with the girls while I cleaned him up. Thankfully the snack bar had soap, since the bathroom didn't.

Adam signed Joe up for tackle football starting in Aug. I still don't know how I feel about it??

Joe went to the beach with some homeschooler friends Friday and had fun. Adam took him, Nick and neighbor friends to the Night of Champions put on by Fellowship of Christian Athletes that night. They heard Tim Tebow and his Dad speak and a couple other Heisman trophy winners too. It was an inspirational time for all of them to have together!

Kate and Ally are good. I continue to chase and play find the missing sippy cups game. And I usually find them crusted over with rotten milk! That is all I can remember at the moment.

That's it for now!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! Getting out of 2 poopie diapers.. some one was looking out for you! We went for a ride and saw and smelled that BBQ! Yummers!
    Love your list... I couldn't help but laugh at a few! Being Mother... What a wonderful blessing! I hope you know how much I look up to you and all your great-ness! Your family is sooo Lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete