Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Twisty Ties

All I can say is this day has been a nightmare! I'm ready for it to be over! I just pulled a twisty tie out of Ally's mouth TWICE and found three more on the floor along with a screw. Where in the world are these choking hazards coming from? I still can't figure out!! Nick is home from school with a cough, crying in his room because he chooses not to listen and make up his own rules. Nate is constantly taking down my gates and freeing the twins from confinment. Katelynn is screaming for 20 minutes at a time for who knows what reason? And that isn't even half of it!

I managed to take a shower but had to jump out early since Nate woke up from his nap and was found outside by Joe. I think I folded a towel or two in between all the craziness. Joe seems to be the only consistent kid here, he's learning and growing at home regardless of the chaos around him. Although he continues to ask if he can finish his assignments tomorrow. Where I answer with a big, fat NO!

My head is spinning just thinking of todays events. I am trying to keep my head up, focusing on God and the positives He has placed all around me. Everyday I learn my life is increasingly not my own. And I start to really think selfishly. Why in the world did God think my frazzled self could handle 3 boys and a set of twins? And I realize my life has never been my own but always His. He knows I can't do it on my own and only wants me to draw nearer to him for help. And I am realizing it everyday. I can't do it on my own but only with His help.

I just got a whif of vomit... I must go. The chaos continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment